Can someone plz tell me what the number is by my location
Guys (and girls) that catch it
When and How to Create a New Group
Groups can gather people of similar focus and/or similar locations.
- The “Groups” section displays the same content as is displayed in the Categories >> Topics, depending on who is a member of what group.
- Every user can pick a “Badge” related to a group (only one of the groups they're in) and issue it on their profile. This can be set via >> Profile >> Edit Profile >> Group Title.
- There is no other special function of the “Groups” section – and therefore no reason to get crazy setting new groups. :-)
If you want to create a new group, please do your best to follow this procedure:
- Check if there is a similar group already existing.
- If it is, join that group. Please do not create a duplicate group just with a slightly different meaning or title.
- If it’s not, you can create a new group.
- If there’s a group referring to an activity in a very general way, while you’d like to specify a location for that activity etc., you can create a new group with a geographic specification in the group name.
Don’t create a non-sense group name. Such groups will be deleted instantly.
Use English (or universal, internationally readable) words in the group name.
- In case you use a different language, whether in Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or any other letters, make sure to include (in brackets) an English translation of the group name.
- In case the group name refers to a geographic location (state, city, mountain, river, etc.), make sure to include (in brackets) the full name of the country concerned.
--> Example: מזג אויר רכס ארסוף (Weather in Arsuf, Israel) ; 台灣地震分析 (Taiwan Seismic Analysis) .
If you can, set your group as Public, not Private. Otherwise, we will set it as Public.
Upload a cover picture which best describes the activity and/or location that your group refers to. If you don’t, we will upload one.
--> Tip: You can use pictures that you took, or free photos from Unsplash.com.
If you don’t respect these rules (or at least try to), we will keep deleting any duplicate and/or non-sense groups. We really want to keep the “Groups” section clear and comfortable for everyone.
Thank you for understanding & enjoy!
UPDATE: For the reasons mentioned above, we have recently disabled the option to create new groups.
If you want to create a new group, please let me know its purpose and the title, and I will create it for you (or not). :)
RE: Tide Forecast on Windy
Was directed here from another post.
I am trying to find a quicker way to get my local/closest tide data without having to zoom way in on my android device. There are a lot of tide stations near me and I have pinch zoom a bunch just to get to the correct data. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I wish there was a button somewhere when you have the tide layer on that would just pop up the data for the station closest to your location. I'm hoping this is just user error.
Quick way to get tide info.
I might be missing something, but the only way I can find to get tide info is to zoom way in and pick the station.
If so, I'd like to request a button somewhere that gives you the tide info from the closest station to your point on the map. Assuming of course that you have the tide layer turned on.
RE: Windy version 14 brings sharper map and better colors
@mendoza_josem hola amigo esta muy bueno realmente saludos desde san carlos de bolivar argentina siganmen!!!